Shahabuddin gets bail
Patna: The Patna High Court today granted
bail to former RJD MP Md Shahabuddin in connection with a
murder case in Siwan district in 2004.
Justice H K Srivastava allowed Shahabuddin`s prayer for
bail in the case in which the man was killed by unidentified
Police had later found his alleged involvement in the
crime and approached the lower court to remand him to judicial
custody early this year.
Shahabuddin, who is facing life imprisonment in another
case related to kidnapping-cum-murder of a CPI-ML (L) worker
would, however, remain in judicial custody. He is currently
lodged in Siwan Jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal