Shahabuddin, his son among four booked in murder case
Siwan: RJD strongman Md Shahabuddin and his son were among four persons booked on Tuesday in the murder case of a man in Siwan district, a police officer said.
Acting on a complaint of Chandrakeshwar Prasad alias Chandababu, an FIR was lodged at Town police station against Shahabuddin, his son Osama Shahabuddin and two unidentified persons in the murder of the complainant`s son Rajiv Raushan last night, the Superintendent of Police (SP) Vivek Kumar said.
The FIR against Shahabuddin and others have been lodged under sections 302 (Murder) and 120B/34 (Punishment of criminal conspiracy) of the Indian Penal Code and the Arms Act, the SP said, adding that raids were on to nab the RJD strongman`s son and two other accused persons.
Last night, Raushan (29) was shot dead by unidentified assailants at an overbridge near DAV public school crossing under Town police station area while he was riding a motorcycle, the SP said.
The victim was the sole witness in the murder case of his two brothers allegedly by Shahabuddin`s henchmen ten years ago and he was murdered to subvert judicial process in that case, the SP added.
The RJD strongman is incarcerated in a jail in connection with several cases lodged against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown