Shahabuddin, his son among four booked in murder case
Siwan: RJD strongman Md Shahabuddin and his son were among four persons booked on Tuesday in the murder case of a man in Siwan district, a police officer said.
Acting on a complaint of Chandrakeshwar Prasad alias Chandababu, an FIR was lodged at Town police station against Shahabuddin, his son Osama Shahabuddin and two unidentified persons in the murder of the complainant`s son Rajiv Raushan last night, the Superintendent of Police (SP) Vivek Kumar said.
The FIR against Shahabuddin and others have been lodged under sections 302 (Murder) and 120B/34 (Punishment of criminal conspiracy) of the Indian Penal Code and the Arms Act, the SP said, adding that raids were on to nab the RJD strongman`s son and two other accused persons.
Last night, Raushan (29) was shot dead by unidentified assailants at an overbridge near DAV public school crossing under Town police station area while he was riding a motorcycle, the SP said.
The victim was the sole witness in the murder case of his two brothers allegedly by Shahabuddin`s henchmen ten years ago and he was murdered to subvert judicial process in that case, the SP added.
The RJD strongman is incarcerated in a jail in connection with several cases lodged against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof