Shahnawaz targets Kejriwal for corruption charge o
Kisanganj (Bihar): Senior BJP leader Shahnawaz Hussain today reacted sharply to activist Arvind Kejriwal`s allegation of corruption against party President Nitin Gadkari and said there is no buyer to his "falsehood."
"There is no buyer to falsehood spread by Kejriwal against Gadkari as he has always worked for the welfare of farmers," Hussain, who is also BJP`s national spokesman told reporters here.
Hussain, BJP Lok Sabha member from Bhagalpur, stressed on a probe to find "people behind him (Kejriwal)".
India Against Corruption (IAC) activist Arvind Kejriwal had on Wednesday targeted Gadkari, accusing him of receiving personal favours by getting around 100 acres of agriculture land in Maharashtra after the Congress-NCP government there allegedly bent rules.
He demanded to the Centre and the state government to accord special status to Kisanganj due to its strategic location on country`s border with Bangladesh and Nepal.
Shahnawaz had in the past represented Kisanganj in Parliament.
On the recent violence at Madhubani, the BJP leader said "it seems to be part of a conspiracy hatched by rumour mongers out to vitiate the environment in the country."
- First phase of NEET examination today as Supreme Court says allow exam to be held
- Andhra Pradesh to become first 'Open Defecation Free' state
- SC, ST promotions: Shivraj Singh-led government to move Supreme Court
- Bombed Brussels airport departure hall to reopen today
- Bachchans, SRK, Salman attend Bipasha-Karan Singh Grover’s wedding reception