Shahnawaz targets Kejriwal for corruption charge o
Kisanganj (Bihar): Senior BJP leader Shahnawaz Hussain today reacted sharply to activist Arvind Kejriwal`s allegation of corruption against party President Nitin Gadkari and said there is no buyer to his "falsehood."
"There is no buyer to falsehood spread by Kejriwal against Gadkari as he has always worked for the welfare of farmers," Hussain, who is also BJP`s national spokesman told reporters here.
Hussain, BJP Lok Sabha member from Bhagalpur, stressed on a probe to find "people behind him (Kejriwal)".
India Against Corruption (IAC) activist Arvind Kejriwal had on Wednesday targeted Gadkari, accusing him of receiving personal favours by getting around 100 acres of agriculture land in Maharashtra after the Congress-NCP government there allegedly bent rules.
He demanded to the Centre and the state government to accord special status to Kisanganj due to its strategic location on country`s border with Bangladesh and Nepal.
Shahnawaz had in the past represented Kisanganj in Parliament.
On the recent violence at Madhubani, the BJP leader said "it seems to be part of a conspiracy hatched by rumour mongers out to vitiate the environment in the country."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations
- Assam BJP leader's son kidnapped, ULFA releases ISIS-style video
- Amazon working on music subscription service for $5 a month