Shahnawaz targets Kejriwal for corruption charge o
Kisanganj (Bihar): Senior BJP leader Shahnawaz Hussain today reacted sharply to activist Arvind Kejriwal`s allegation of corruption against party President Nitin Gadkari and said there is no buyer to his "falsehood."
"There is no buyer to falsehood spread by Kejriwal against Gadkari as he has always worked for the welfare of farmers," Hussain, who is also BJP`s national spokesman told reporters here.
Hussain, BJP Lok Sabha member from Bhagalpur, stressed on a probe to find "people behind him (Kejriwal)".
India Against Corruption (IAC) activist Arvind Kejriwal had on Wednesday targeted Gadkari, accusing him of receiving personal favours by getting around 100 acres of agriculture land in Maharashtra after the Congress-NCP government there allegedly bent rules.
He demanded to the Centre and the state government to accord special status to Kisanganj due to its strategic location on country`s border with Bangladesh and Nepal.
Shahnawaz had in the past represented Kisanganj in Parliament.
On the recent violence at Madhubani, the BJP leader said "it seems to be part of a conspiracy hatched by rumour mongers out to vitiate the environment in the country."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter