Shakeel Ahmed Khan quits RJD
Patna: Senior RJD leader and former Bihar
minister Shakeel Ahmed Khan on Friday resigned from the RJD.
"I have resigned from all party posts as also from the
primary membership of the party," Khan announced at a press
Khan, who had been a senior minister in the erstwhile
Rabri Devi government for more than eight years and twice MLA
from Guruwa in Gaya, alleged a group of senior party leaders
connived to get him defeated in the 2010 assembly poll from
Sherghati in Gaya.
"I submitted the details of allegations and sought
action against those who conspired for my defeat... but
unfortunately, my request has not not been heeded to by the
party leadership," Khan said.
"RJD has now been reduced to a party saboteurs... while
all other parties have started taking action against those who
indulged in anti-party activities during the election, the RJD
has failed to do so," Khan said.
"The party president is now now surrounded by such
elements who do not not want that the party should flourish
and working against the interests of workers," he charged.
Asked whether he planned to join the JD(U), Khan said
"you are free to hazard a guess."
"I don`t harbour any grudge against Lalu Prasad but I
have everything to say against the coterie surrounding the
party leadership," Khan, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly