Shakeel Ahmed Khan quits RJD
Patna: Senior RJD leader and former Bihar
minister Shakeel Ahmed Khan on Friday resigned from the RJD.
"I have resigned from all party posts as also from the
primary membership of the party," Khan announced at a press
Khan, who had been a senior minister in the erstwhile
Rabri Devi government for more than eight years and twice MLA
from Guruwa in Gaya, alleged a group of senior party leaders
connived to get him defeated in the 2010 assembly poll from
Sherghati in Gaya.
"I submitted the details of allegations and sought
action against those who conspired for my defeat... but
unfortunately, my request has not been heeded to by the
party leadership," Khan said.
"RJD has now been reduced to a party saboteurs... while
all other parties have started taking action against those who
indulged in anti-party activities during the election, the RJD
has failed to do so," Khan said.
"The party president is now now surrounded by such
elements who do not not want that the party should flourish
and working against the interests of workers," he charged.
Asked whether he planned to join the JD(U), Khan said
"you are free to hazard a guess."
"I don`t harbour any grudge against Lalu Prasad but I
have everything to say against the coterie surrounding the
party leadership," Khan, said.
- IN PICS: Kanhaiya Kumar's supporters brutally thrash this man in Patna - Know why
- Good news! India win one silver, two bronze in Archery World Cup
- Yuvraj Singh drops big hint about film on his life – Here's what the star batsman said...
- Indian Premier League 9: After struggling for years, Delhi Daredevils find rhythm under Rahul Dravid's watchful eyes
- WATCH: SHOCKING! Kanhaiya Kumar's supporters mercilessly beat up man for showing black flag