Shakeel Ahmed Khan quits RJD
Patna: Senior RJD leader and former Bihar
minister Shakeel Ahmed Khan on Friday resigned from the RJD.
"I have resigned from all party posts as also from the
primary membership of the party," Khan announced at a press
Khan, who had been a senior minister in the erstwhile
Rabri Devi government for more than eight years and twice MLA
from Guruwa in Gaya, alleged a group of senior party leaders
connived to get him defeated in the 2010 assembly poll from
Sherghati in Gaya.
"I submitted the details of allegations and sought
action against those who conspired for my defeat... but
unfortunately, my request has not been heeded to by the
party leadership," Khan said.
"RJD has now been reduced to a party saboteurs... while
all other parties have started taking action against those who
indulged in anti-party activities during the election, the RJD
has failed to do so," Khan said.
"The party president is now now surrounded by such
elements who do not not want that the party should flourish
and working against the interests of workers," he charged.
Asked whether he planned to join the JD(U), Khan said
"you are free to hazard a guess."
"I don`t harbour any grudge against Lalu Prasad but I
have everything to say against the coterie surrounding the
party leadership," Khan, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan