Sharad defends Manjhi over his son`s escapade
Hajipur: JD(U) President Sharad Yadav on Tuesday came to the defence of Bihar Chief Minister Jitan Ram Manjhi over his son staying in a deluxe hotel with a policewoman.
"Don`t you think that even a VIP`s son, be it of the Chief Minister or anybody else, also have a heart which beats," Yadav said.
"Relationship between a man and woman based on mutual consent is valid," he said addressing an election meeting for the Assembly by-elections.
Suggesting that media stop prying into the private lives of politicians, Yadav said, he had also defended Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh when his relationship with a woman journalist had become a matter of public debate.
Last week, Manjhi`s son accompanied by a policewoman had allegedly flouted his father`s position and asked a hotel in Gaya to give them a deluxe suite.
Fed up with meeting such demands from Manjhi`s son, hotel employees locked the two inside the suite and raised an alarm.
The son coughed up cash to secure his release and that of his companion.
With the opposition BJP trying to make an issue of it, Manjhi had defended his son saying anybody could have a girl friend.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder