Sharad gives clean chit to JD(U) leader Ranveer Yadav
Patna: JD(U) national president Sharad Yadav virtually gave a clean chit to party leader Ranveer Yadav on Sunday for branding a weapon at the protesters during Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s violence-marred `Adhikar Yatra` in Khagaria district.
Yadav said Ranveer was a fiesty leader and has been a staunch supporter of Kumar and helped him when NDA formed its government for the first time in Bihar in February 2005, he told reporters here.
"I have known Ranveer and his family for decades and worked closely with the latter`s uncle Ramsharan Yadav, a three-term MP," he said and sidestepped a question when asked whether he approved of Yadav`s conduct.
Earlier, Khagaria police had cleared Yadav for snatching an automatic rifle from a policeman and firing in the air to disperse protesters during Kumar`s `Adhikar yatra` in Khagaria on September 27 which was marred by largescale violence and arson by the protesters, including contractual teachers.
The Chief Minister too had praised Yadav, husband of the JD(U) MLA Poonam Devi, for ensuring that his public meeting in Khagaria was held by removing the protesters who had pelted stones on his motorcade.
He had also credited Yadav and his wife for his reaching the venue of public meeting that day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren