Sharad gives clean chit to JD(U) leader Ranveer Yadav
Patna: JD(U) national president Sharad Yadav virtually gave a clean chit to party leader Ranveer Yadav on Sunday for branding a weapon at the protesters during Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s violence-marred `Adhikar Yatra` in Khagaria district.
Yadav said Ranveer was a fiesty leader and has been a staunch supporter of Kumar and helped him when NDA formed its government for the first time in Bihar in February 2005, he told reporters here.
"I have known Ranveer and his family for decades and worked closely with the latter`s uncle Ramsharan Yadav, a three-term MP," he said and sidestepped a question when asked whether he approved of Yadav`s conduct.
Earlier, Khagaria police had cleared Yadav for snatching an automatic rifle from a policeman and firing in the air to disperse protesters during Kumar`s `Adhikar yatra` in Khagaria on September 27 which was marred by largescale violence and arson by the protesters, including contractual teachers.
The Chief Minister too had praised Yadav, husband of the JD(U) MLA Poonam Devi, for ensuring that his public meeting in Khagaria was held by removing the protesters who had pelted stones on his motorcade.
He had also credited Yadav and his wife for his reaching the venue of public meeting that day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg