Sharad Yadav`s house gheraoed by protesters in Madhepura
Madhepura: Hundreds of protesting teachers and non-teaching staff of non-aided intermediate colleges of Bihar on Sunday gheraoed the residence of the JD(U) national president Sharad Yadav in Bihar`s Madhepura district.
The protesters laid siege at Yadav`s residence in Shastri Nagar locality near Karpuri Chowk in Madhepura town since this morning to press for their demands like regularisation of service.
Protesting under the banner of the Bihar Vittarahit College Teachers Association, the teachers and non-teaching staff raised slogans in support of their demands.
Amid the din of slogan shouting by the protesting teachers and non-teaching staff for close to four hours, Yadav finally came out and heard grievances of the protesters.
The Bihar Vittarahit College Teachers Association president Dhruvendra Kumar and the general secretary Kailash Yadav submitted a memorandum to the JD (U) national president.
Speaking on the protesters, Yadav said that he will take up various demands of teaching and non-teaching staffers of the unaided intermediate colleges with the Chief Minister Nitish Kumar at the earliest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state