Sharad Yadav`s house gheraoed by protesters in Madhepura
Madhepura: Hundreds of protesting teachers and non-teaching staff of non-aided intermediate colleges of Bihar on Sunday gheraoed the residence of the JD(U) national president Sharad Yadav in Bihar`s Madhepura district.
The protesters laid siege at Yadav`s residence in Shastri Nagar locality near Karpuri Chowk in Madhepura town since this morning to press for their demands like regularisation of service.
Protesting under the banner of the Bihar Vittarahit College Teachers Association, the teachers and non-teaching staff raised slogans in support of their demands.
Amid the din of slogan shouting by the protesting teachers and non-teaching staff for close to four hours, Yadav finally came out and heard grievances of the protesters.
The Bihar Vittarahit College Teachers Association president Dhruvendra Kumar and the general secretary Kailash Yadav submitted a memorandum to the JD (U) national president.
Speaking on the protesters, Yadav said that he will take up various demands of teaching and non-teaching staffers of the unaided intermediate colleges with the Chief Minister Nitish Kumar at the earliest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical