Sharad Yadav`s house gheraoed by protesters in Madhepura
Madhepura: Hundreds of protesting teachers and non-teaching staff of non-aided intermediate colleges of Bihar on Sunday gheraoed the residence of the JD(U) national president Sharad Yadav in Bihar`s Madhepura district.
The protesters laid siege at Yadav`s residence in Shastri Nagar locality near Karpuri Chowk in Madhepura town since this morning to press for their demands like regularisation of service.
Protesting under the banner of the Bihar Vittarahit College Teachers Association, the teachers and non-teaching staff raised slogans in support of their demands.
Amid the din of slogan shouting by the protesting teachers and non-teaching staff for close to four hours, Yadav finally came out and heard grievances of the protesters.
The Bihar Vittarahit College Teachers Association president Dhruvendra Kumar and the general secretary Kailash Yadav submitted a memorandum to the JD (U) national president.
Speaking on the protesters, Yadav said that he will take up various demands of teaching and non-teaching staffers of the unaided intermediate colleges with the Chief Minister Nitish Kumar at the earliest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth