Sharad Yadav`s house gheraoed by protesters in Madhepura
Madhepura: Hundreds of protesting teachers and non-teaching staff of non-aided intermediate colleges of Bihar on Sunday gheraoed the residence of the JD(U) national president Sharad Yadav in Bihar`s Madhepura district.
The protesters laid siege at Yadav`s residence in Shastri Nagar locality near Karpuri Chowk in Madhepura town since this morning to press for their demands like regularisation of service.
Protesting under the banner of the Bihar Vittarahit College Teachers Association, the teachers and non-teaching staff raised slogans in support of their demands.
Amid the din of slogan shouting by the protesting teachers and non-teaching staff for close to four hours, Yadav finally came out and heard grievances of the protesters.
The Bihar Vittarahit College Teachers Association president Dhruvendra Kumar and the general secretary Kailash Yadav submitted a memorandum to the JD (U) national president.
Speaking on the protesters, Yadav said that he will take up various demands of teaching and non-teaching staffers of the unaided intermediate colleges with the Chief Minister Nitish Kumar at the earliest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people