Shatru asks BJP not to repeat Jharkhand mistakes in Bihar
Patna: BJP Lok Sabha member Shatrughan
Sinha today said "failure" to project chief ministerial
candidate and nomination to several "undeserving" candidates
were responsible for the party`s poor show in Jharkhand
assembly polls and cautioned against repetition of the same
mistakes in Bihar polls next year.
He attributed the party`s failure to project senior
leader Yashwant Sinha as BJP chief ministerial candidate in
Jharkhand and giving tickets to a large number of "undeserving
candidates under pressure" from different camps as the main
reasons for BJP`s poor show in Jharkhand.
"We should take lessons from mistakes like failure to
project a party chief ministerial candidate and faulty
distribution of tickets in Jharkhand and should refrain from
repeating the same in 2010 assembly polls in Bihar," he told
"It is a matter of serious concern that the party`s
tally sharply declined in Jharkhand in the elections," Sinha
"I am sure new BJP president Nitin Gadkari and senior
party leaders will analyse the shortcomings that prevented BJP
from capturing power on its own in Jharkhand and prepare for
the acid test NDA will face in assembly elections next year,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi