Shatru asks BJP not to repeat Jharkhand mistakes in Bihar
Patna: BJP Lok Sabha member Shatrughan
Sinha today said "failure" to project chief ministerial
candidate and nomination to several "undeserving" candidates
were responsible for the party`s poor show in Jharkhand
assembly polls and cautioned against repetition of the same
mistakes in Bihar polls next year.
He attributed the party`s failure to project senior
leader Yashwant Sinha as BJP chief ministerial candidate in
Jharkhand and giving tickets to a large number of "undeserving
candidates under pressure" from different camps as the main
reasons for BJP`s poor show in Jharkhand.
"We should take lessons from mistakes like failure to
project a party chief ministerial candidate and faulty
distribution of tickets in Jharkhand and should refrain from
repeating the same in 2010 assembly polls in Bihar," he told
"It is a matter of serious concern that the party`s
tally sharply declined in Jharkhand in the elections," Sinha
"I am sure new BJP president Nitin Gadkari and senior
party leaders will analyse the shortcomings that prevented BJP
from capturing power on its own in Jharkhand and prepare for
the acid test NDA will face in assembly elections next year,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?