Shatru asks BJP not to repeat Jharkhand mistakes in Bihar
Patna: BJP Lok Sabha member Shatrughan
Sinha today said "failure" to project chief ministerial
candidate and nomination to several "undeserving" candidates
were responsible for the party`s poor show in Jharkhand
assembly polls and cautioned against repetition of the same
mistakes in Bihar polls next year.
He attributed the party`s failure to project senior
leader Yashwant Sinha as BJP chief ministerial candidate in
Jharkhand and giving tickets to a large number of "undeserving
candidates under pressure" from different camps as the main
reasons for BJP`s poor show in Jharkhand.
"We should take lessons from mistakes like failure to
project a party chief ministerial candidate and faulty
distribution of tickets in Jharkhand and should refrain from
repeating the same in 2010 assembly polls in Bihar," he told
"It is a matter of serious concern that the party`s
tally sharply declined in Jharkhand in the elections," Sinha
"I am sure new BJP president Nitin Gadkari and senior
party leaders will analyse the shortcomings that prevented BJP
from capturing power on its own in Jharkhand and prepare for
the acid test NDA will face in assembly elections next year,"
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- US economy expands 0.5% in Q1, slowest in two years
- MUST WATCH: What Indian Muslims said when they were asked to say 'Vande Matram', 'Bharat Mata ki Jai'
- Uber partners Gurugram Police in a bid to curb drunken driving
- IITs have been requested to offer Sanskrit as elective subject, confirms HRD Minister Smriti Irani
- Tribute to Shaktiman: Petrol pump in Dehradun to be named after police horse