Shatru asks BJP not to repeat Jharkhand mistakes in Bihar
Patna: BJP Lok Sabha member Shatrughan
Sinha today said "failure" to project chief ministerial
candidate and nomination to several "undeserving" candidates
were responsible for the party`s poor show in Jharkhand
assembly polls and cautioned against repetition of the same
mistakes in Bihar polls next year.
He attributed the party`s failure to project senior
leader Yashwant Sinha as BJP chief ministerial candidate in
Jharkhand and giving tickets to a large number of "undeserving
candidates under pressure" from different camps as the main
reasons for BJP`s poor show in Jharkhand.
"We should take lessons from mistakes like failure to
project a party chief ministerial candidate and faulty
distribution of tickets in Jharkhand and should refrain from
repeating the same in 2010 assembly polls in Bihar," he told
"It is a matter of serious concern that the party`s
tally sharply declined in Jharkhand in the elections," Sinha
"I am sure new BJP president Nitin Gadkari and senior
party leaders will analyse the shortcomings that prevented BJP
from capturing power on its own in Jharkhand and prepare for
the acid test NDA will face in assembly elections next year,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?