Shatrughan for action against truant coaching centres
Patna: Terming the death of a student during
protests against fly-by-night coaching institutes here as
unfortunate, senior BJP leader Shatrughan Sinha today asked
Nitish Kumar government to take stern action against
institutes involved in cheating students.
"It is a very unfortunate incident. The incident seems
to be a result of pent up feeling of students who are being
badly hoodwinked and cheated by coaching institutes operators,
many of which are run by unqualified persons," Sinha, BJP Lok
Sabha member from Patna Saheb, told PTI.
The senior BJP leader appealed to the NDA government in
the state to take stern action against private coaching
centres and other private educational institutes involved in
duping the students.
"This education mafia has only one aim, that is to make
huge money and is playing with the careers of our students,"
He suggested strict licensing and registration of these
private institutions to eliminate "undeserving" ones.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir
- Alphabet executive steps down from Uber board amid growing competition
- Facebook CEO says group will not become a media company