Shatrughan for action against truant coaching centres
Patna: Terming the death of a student during
protests against fly-by-night coaching institutes here as
unfortunate, senior BJP leader Shatrughan Sinha today asked
Nitish Kumar government to take stern action against
institutes involved in cheating students.
"It is a very unfortunate incident. The incident seems
to be a result of pent up feeling of students who are being
badly hoodwinked and cheated by coaching institutes operators,
many of which are run by unqualified persons," Sinha, BJP Lok
Sabha member from Patna Saheb, told PTI.
The senior BJP leader appealed to the NDA government in
the state to take stern action against private coaching
centres and other private educational institutes involved in
duping the students.
"This education mafia has only one aim, that is to make
huge money and is playing with the careers of our students,"
He suggested strict licensing and registration of these
private institutions to eliminate "undeserving" ones.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- Preity Zinta to tie the knot this Valentine?
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'