Shatrughan Sinha is a staunch supporter of Anna
Patna: Actor-turned politician Shatrughan
Sinha on Sunday said he was a strong supporter of Anna Hazare for
his fight against corruption.
"I am a staunch supporter and fan of Hazare for his
crusade against corruption and his stand for transparency and
probity in public life," the BJP MP told reporters here.
"I had even offered to quit my Lok Sabha seat if it
helps in anyway the ongoing campaign for a strong Lokpal
Bill," Sinha said.
"I was not alone in offering to quit from Lok Sabha on
Lokpal Bill as my senior party leader Yashwant Sinha too had
publicly aired similar view," he said.
Meanwhile, hundreds of Patnaites today took part in
a day-long agitation on Lokpal Bill in solidarity with the
agitation by Hazare in New Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city