Shatrughan Sinha sides with Yashwant Sinha on Modi as PM
Patna: Actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha today backed senior BJP leader Yashwant Sinha who has openly pitched for declaring Narendra Modi as BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate in the next Lok Sabha elections.
"Yashwant Sinhaji is a senior and experienced leader. He never talks light. He speaks only after giving deep thought on an issue, I stand with him on what he has said," Sinha told reporters here.
"There is always truth in what he says I have always been by his side ideologically," Shatrughan Sinha, Lok Sabha member from Patna Saheb, said and described Yashwant Sinha as his elder brother.
Yashwant Sinha had last week fired the first shot openly pitching for declaring Narendra Modi as BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate in the next Lok Sabha elections, saying it will benefit the party hugely.
Contending that he was reflecting the mood of the country and BJP workers, he had advised JD(U), which has reservations on Modi because of the 2002 Gujarat riots, not to target the chief minister but take a decision after careful consideration.
The actor-turned BJP leader justified saints and priests choosing Prime Ministerial candidate.
"Sadhus, sants, maulvi and maulana have always been speaking on issues gripping the nation. We hear of fatwa issued regularly... They are also citizens of the country and have every right to decide a PM candidate," Shatrughan Sinha said.
Shatrughan Sinha, who had also opposed second term for Nitin Gadkari as BJP President along with Yashwant Sinha and Ram Jethmalani, said he spoke the truth and never crossed the party lakshman rekha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!