Shatrughan Sinha sympathises with jailed Lalu
Patna: Senior BJP leader Shatrughan Sinha on Tuesday expressed sympathy for jailed RJD president Lalu Prasad and said he prayed that he comes out soon with the help of an upper court order.
"As a friend I feel bad for him (for going to jail in the fodder scam)," Sinha told reporters at Patna Airport.
"In this hour of tragedy my good wishes are with him and Rabri Bhabhi (Prasad`s wife)," Sinha, BJP Lok Sabha member from Patna Saheb, said.
Sinha, known for speaking his mind, which on many occasions are contrary to the party versions, said he was speaking for Prasad in his personal capacity as he was a `good friend`.
"He (Prasad) is an old friend that is why I feel bad," Sinha, who was senior to Prasad in Patna University, said.
BJP has hailed the CBI court convicting Prasad in the multi-crore rupees fodder scam and sending him to jail in the 17-year-old case.
Sinha, who served as union minister in Atal Bihari Vajpayee`s government, said he would pray that Prasad returns home with the help of a favourable order from the High Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Car crushed between 2 trucks in Telangana, 5 dead
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Must watch VIDEO: When RCB's Virat Kohli, Chris Gayle performed 'Bhangda'
- Michael Schumacher is 'reacting' to treatment: Ex-Ferrari boss
- This lake in Sikkim will leave you spellbound – In pics
- Pakistan needs to actively pursue terrorist organisations using their soil, says US
- PSEB 10th result 2016: Tarn Taran girl Simrandeep Kaur tops Punjab School Education Board 10th result with 99.08%