Shatrughan Sinha sympathises with jailed Lalu
Patna: Senior BJP leader Shatrughan Sinha on Tuesday expressed sympathy for jailed RJD president Lalu Prasad and said he prayed that he comes out soon with the help of an upper court order.
"As a friend I feel bad for him (for going to jail in the fodder scam)," Sinha told reporters at Patna Airport.
"In this hour of tragedy my good wishes are with him and Rabri Bhabhi (Prasad`s wife)," Sinha, BJP Lok Sabha member from Patna Saheb, said.
Sinha, known for speaking his mind, which on many occasions are contrary to the party versions, said he was speaking for Prasad in his personal capacity as he was a `good friend`.
"He (Prasad) is an old friend that is why I feel bad," Sinha, who was senior to Prasad in Patna University, said.
BJP has hailed the CBI court convicting Prasad in the multi-crore rupees fodder scam and sending him to jail in the 17-year-old case.
Sinha, who served as union minister in Atal Bihari Vajpayee`s government, said he would pray that Prasad returns home with the help of a favourable order from the High Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Special panel on India's NSG membership bid? We're not aware, says China
- Ruby Rai, Bihar Class 12 topper now under arrest for cheating, says she never wanted to top the exam
- Euro 2016: Iceland stun England in one of greatest ever shocks
- Three new suicide attacks in Lebanon village near Syria
- Preparing for Brexit, Britain may see new PM by early September