Shatrughan Sinha sympathises with jailed Lalu
Patna: Senior BJP leader Shatrughan Sinha on Tuesday expressed sympathy for jailed RJD president Lalu Prasad and said he prayed that he comes out soon with the help of an upper court order.
"As a friend I feel bad for him (for going to jail in the fodder scam)," Sinha told reporters at Patna Airport.
"In this hour of tragedy my good wishes are with him and Rabri Bhabhi (Prasad`s wife)," Sinha, BJP Lok Sabha member from Patna Saheb, said.
Sinha, known for speaking his mind, which on many occasions are contrary to the party versions, said he was speaking for Prasad in his personal capacity as he was a `good friend`.
"He (Prasad) is an old friend that is why I feel bad," Sinha, who was senior to Prasad in Patna University, said.
BJP has hailed the CBI court convicting Prasad in the multi-crore rupees fodder scam and sending him to jail in the 17-year-old case.
Sinha, who served as union minister in Atal Bihari Vajpayee`s government, said he would pray that Prasad returns home with the help of a favourable order from the High Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers