Shatrughan talks to officials to tackle Patna water logging
Patna: With heavy rains causing water logging in Patna for the past three days, city MP Shatrughan Sinha on Saturday said he was monitoring the situation to ensure that water is pumped out of the residential areas and roads at the earliest.
"I am monitoring the situation regularly and am in touch with MLAs to lend all help to pump out the water that has paralysed life here," the BJP leader told PTI over phone from Mumbai.
The state government, he said, did not `show much efficiency` in cleaning drains for the accumulated water to flow out.
Sinha said he is in touch with senior officials of Patna Municipal Corporation and other departments.
"I have also been talking to companies and groups engaged in scientific waste management for permanent solution to clearing garbage and filth accumulated in localities in Patna town."
Sinha`s ancestral home in D` block of Kadam Kuan is among the residential areas where the water was at the knee-level till yesterday. The situation has improved since it stopped raining last evening.
The actor-politician hailed Prime Minister Narendra Modi`s emphasis on cleanness in his Independence day speech and said he has already been working on this line as part of `Clean Patna Green Patna` campaign.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation