Shatrughan, Yashwant, Hema give BJP meet a miss
Patna: Actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha,
sulking for some time for not being given prominence within
BJP, former minister Yashwant Singh, cine star Hema Malini and
former Rajasthan chief minister Vasundhara Raje were prominent
leaders staying away from the party`s two-day national
While it was immediately not known as to what prompted
Yashwant to stay away, Hema Malini did not come on board
reportedly to protest against the party`s decision not to send
her to the Rajya Sabha from Rajasthan.
Raje, who had a bitter relationship with the former BJP
president Rajnath Singh, also did not turn up for reasons best
known to her, party sources said.
Shatrughan said he will not attend the party rally
here tomorrow and expressed concern over its functioning.
"I am not going to attend tomorrow`s rally,"
Sinha, the BJP MP from Patna Sahib, said when his comment was
sought on his arrival here from New Delhi.
"In fact, I am concerned the way the party is being run
...why senior leaders like Yashwant Sinha, B C Khandouri, Arun
Shourie are being cornered," he said.
"It (the issue of BJP`s functioning) should be raised at
the party level... Hema Malini who should have got Rajya Sabha
ticket has also not been invited in tomorrow`s rally," he said
adding, "so I am also not attending because my role has not
A `Rashtriya Swabhiman` (national pride) rally will be
held at the conclusion of the two-day BJP national executive
meet here which will be addressed by top party leaders like L
K Advani and Nitin Gadkari, signalling the launch of the Bihar
assembly election campaign of the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars