Shatrughan, Yashwant, Hema give BJP meet a miss
Patna: Actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha,
sulking for some time for not being given prominence within
BJP, former minister Yashwant Singh, cine star Hema Malini and
former Rajasthan chief minister Vasundhara Raje were prominent
leaders staying away from the party`s two-day national
While it was immediately not known as to what prompted
Yashwant to stay away, Hema Malini did not come on board
reportedly to protest against the party`s decision not to send
her to the Rajya Sabha from Rajasthan.
Raje, who had a bitter relationship with the former BJP
president Rajnath Singh, also did not turn up for reasons best
known to her, party sources said.
Shatrughan said he will not attend the party rally
here tomorrow and expressed concern over its functioning.
"I am not going to attend tomorrow`s rally,"
Sinha, the BJP MP from Patna Sahib, said when his comment was
sought on his arrival here from New Delhi.
"In fact, I am concerned the way the party is being run
...why senior leaders like Yashwant Sinha, B C Khandouri, Arun
Shourie are being cornered," he said.
"It (the issue of BJP`s functioning) should be raised at
the party level... Hema Malini who should have got Rajya Sabha
ticket has also not been invited in tomorrow`s rally," he said
adding, "so I am also not attending because my role has not
A `Rashtriya Swabhiman` (national pride) rally will be
held at the conclusion of the two-day BJP national executive
meet here which will be addressed by top party leaders like L
K Advani and Nitin Gadkari, signalling the launch of the Bihar
assembly election campaign of the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender