Shekhar Suman says goodbye to Congress
Patna: Amidst speculation that he would join ruling JD(U) in Bihar, television star Shekhar Suman has said that he has already quit Congress.
"I have already resigned from the primary membership of Congress because of my preoccupation in Bollywood. I don`t think I have time ... I cannot engage in party works and thus I decided to quit," Suman told reporters at his ancestral house here late last evening.
Suman, here to deliver a lecture during a special session on the second day of Gobal Bihar Summit 2012, said he had already informed Congress president Sonia Gandhi and state
party chief Choudhary Mehboob Ali Kaiser of his decision.
In reply to a question, Suman, who had unsuccessfully contested Lok Sabha poll against Bollywood colleague Shatrughan Sinha of BJP in 2009, said he was yet to make up
his mind on joining any other party to champion the cause of Bihar.
Suman, who did not devote much time to politics and had not campaigned much for Congress nominees during the 2010 assembly polls in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation