Shinde comments on BJP, RSS `irresponsible`: Nitish
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Wednesday described as "irresponsible" Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde`s remarks linking BJP and RSS to Hindu terrorism and asked him to initiate action if he has any information or documents suggesting such charges.
"His statement (linking BJP and RSS to Hindu terrorism) is irresponsible and reflects his immaturity," Kumar told reporters.
Kumar, who is senior leader of Janata Dal (United), said that Shinde should realise that he is Home minister of the country and not merely a Congress leader.
"As a Congress leader one can make any statement suitable to party but he (Shinde) should realise that he is Home Minister of the country and should speak on such issues in that capacity and not merely as a Congress leader," the Bihar CM said after paying respect to Netaji Subhash Chandra Bode on his anniversary.
Kumar said he if he (Shinde) has any information or documents in support of his charge against BJP and RSS he should initiate action.
"The irresponsible statement of Shinde (on BJP and RSS) reflects his immaturity," he said adding such things sends a wrong message in the society and vitiate the environment.
Addressing the AICC meeting at Jaipur on Sunday, Shinde had said, "...We have got an investigation report that be it RSS or BJP, their training camps are promoting Hindu terrorism. We are keeping a strict vigil on all this.
The Bihar CM also congratulated Rajnath Singh on becoming national President of BJP. Singh who has earlier served as party chief is an experienced leader, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Divyansh Kakrora's death: Probe nails Ryan International School for glaring lapses; father alleges child was sodomised before murder
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step