Shinde raps Bihar govt for `failure` to control Naxals
New Delhi: The Centre has rapped Bihar government for its alleged failure in controlling Maoists activities and said situation in the state has become alarming and there is complete breakdown in coordination between the state police and Central forces.
Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde also advised Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to examine the successful counter- insurgency models of other states and adopt such structures in Bihar too.
"We have noticed a complete breakdown in coordination between the state police and the Central forces as well as with the neighbouring states like Jharkhand," Shinde wrote in his letter to Kumar.
Expressing concern over deteriorating Left Wing Extremism situation in Bihar, Shinde said the CPI(Maoist) have looted 38 sophisticated weapons and ammunition from the Bihar Police this year and that was the largest number in the country.
"There is a worry that the Maoists have identified Bihar Police for snatching weapons and ammunition since the state police personnel appear to be poorly trained in tactics. The state has also witnessed the killing of 27 security personnel this year, which is a very high number," he said.
Requesting to revisit the Bihar government`s strategy`s of fighting the Naxals, the Home Minister told the Bihar Chief Minister that situation in the state has become alarming and if it is not addressed immediately, there is a possibility that the LWE situation may go completely out of control in the near future.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof