Shinde unlikely to visit blast-hit Patna on Tuesday
New Delhi: Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde is unlikely to visit Patna on Tuesday as announced earlier due to non-availability of Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
Shinde will not visit Patna as Kumar has some prior engagement, forcing the Home Minister to cancel his trip, sources said.
The Chief Minister is expected to travel to Delhi on Wednesday when he and the Home Minister will meet and review the law and order situation in Bihar in the wake of multiple blasts in Patna yesterday that so far claimed six lives.
Instead of Shinde, Union Home Secretary Anil Goswami and other senior officials will visit Patna tomorrow and take stock of the situation there.
Earlier in the day, Shinde said he would visit Patna tomorrow to assess the situation there.
"I will review the situation in Patna tomorrow. It is premature to say anything about the blast now as investigation is still going on," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM