Shivanand Tiwari rubbishes fodder scam charges
Patna: JD(U) National Spokesman Shivanand
Tiwari on Thursday rubbished the charges against him and Chief
Minister Nitish Kumar of being a beneficiary of the multi-
crore rupees fodder scam and alleged that it was aimed to
"influence" the course of trial against RJD supremo Lalu
Prasad in a Jharkhand court.
"The allegations are baseless and frivolous... there is
not not even an iota of truth in it," Tiwari told reporters
Had the charges been true, the CBI which probed the
case 17 to 18 years ago would have called them for clarifying
the position, he said.
Tiwari wondered as to why the issue was being raised at
the time when the trial had begun in Jharkhand court in one of
the cases of the scam involving Lalu Prasad.
Stating that he was also a petitioner in the fodder scam
case leading to the Patna High Court ordering a CBI probe, he
said had he been recipient or beneficiary of the scam he would
not not have moved the court seeking the probe by the agency.
"The entire exercise is aimed at forestalling and
influence the trial in the fodder scam case in Jharkhand," he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part IV
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part V
- Floods affect over 6 lakh in 14 Assam districts, toll rises to seven
- Congress lawmakers to quit if SC ruling on SYL canal goes against Punjab
- CPN (Maoist Centre) chairman Prachanda all set to become new Nepal PM
- Swachh Bharat, Skill India 'transformative' schemes: President Pranab Mukherjee
- Restless Leg Syndrome: Treat the disorder with this amazingly simple trick! - Watch video