Shotgun plays down Advani`s absence in Hoonkar rally
Patna: Downplaying patriarch LK Advani`s absence from BJP`s proposed `Hoonkar Rally` on Sunday, leader Shatrughan Sinha on Monday said that the party`s wish to make Narendra Modi the Prime Minister is a command for him.
"Everybody is together in the party... Not only Advaniji, many other BJP leaders will also not be coming to Patna for the Hoonkar Rally on October 27 because of their prior engagements," said Sinha, who is known to be close to Advani and had not attended the party`s Goa conclave after initially expressing reservation over Narendra Modi being the prime ministerial candidate.
Sinha is BJP MP of Patna Saheb in whose constituency the proposed rally is scheduled. The rally is significant in that it would be the first political engagement of Narendra Modi in his bete noire Nitish Kumar`s home turf.
"Advaniji is a father figure for BJP like Atal Bihari Vajpayee," the actor-turned politician said after flagging off a motorcycle rally at party headquarters here to drum up support for Sunday`s rally.
Sinha, who was a cabinet minister in Atal Bihari Vajpayee`s NDA government, said since the party`s highest decision making body the BJP Parliamentary board had chosen Narendra Modi as its prime ministerial candidate he was `fully` with it.
"The party`s wish to make Narendra Modi Prime Minister of the country is a command for me," he said.
Sinha would share the dias with Narendra Modi at the rally to be held at the Gandhi maidan. He had addressed meetings at Fatuha and Bakhtiyarpur in rural Patna in his constituency yesterday and asked people to attend the rally in large numbers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Check rajresults.nic.in: Rajasthan Board Class 12th results 2015 to be declared today
- Check JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 declared on jac.nic.in