SI killed, 3 cops injured in Naxal attack
Jamui: A Sub-Inspector was killed and three other police personnel were injured after they were fired upon by Maoists near Sidheshwar temple in Bihar`s Jamui district on Wednesday, a police official said.
The Maoists, hiding within the jungle, fired at random at four policemen who were travelling in a jeep on way to Gadhi to investigate a crime case, Additional Director General of Police (ADG), Headquarters, Ravindra Kumar said.
While SI J K Singh was killed on the spot, three other policemen, one of them identified as SI Kamlesh Singh and two SAP jawans, suffered injuries, he said.
The injured were admitted to hospital, Kumar said.
Additional reinforcement of security forces rushed to the spot and an encounter was going on, the ADG said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends