SI killed, 3 cops injured in Naxal attack
Jamui: A Sub-Inspector was killed and three other police personnel were injured after they were fired upon by Maoists near Sidheshwar temple in Bihar`s Jamui district on Wednesday, a police official said.
The Maoists, hiding within the jungle, fired at random at four policemen who were travelling in a jeep on way to Gadhi to investigate a crime case, Additional Director General of Police (ADG), Headquarters, Ravindra Kumar said.
While SI J K Singh was killed on the spot, three other policemen, one of them identified as SI Kamlesh Singh and two SAP jawans, suffered injuries, he said.
The injured were admitted to hospital, Kumar said.
Additional reinforcement of security forces rushed to the spot and an encounter was going on, the ADG said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical