SI killed, 3 cops injured in Naxal attack
Jamui: A Sub-Inspector was killed and three other police personnel were injured after they were fired upon by Maoists near Sidheshwar temple in Bihar`s Jamui district on Wednesday, a police official said.
The Maoists, hiding within the jungle, fired at random at four policemen who were travelling in a jeep on way to Gadhi to investigate a crime case, Additional Director General of Police (ADG), Headquarters, Ravindra Kumar said.
While SI J K Singh was killed on the spot, three other policemen, one of them identified as SI Kamlesh Singh and two SAP jawans, suffered injuries, he said.
The injured were admitted to hospital, Kumar said.
Additional reinforcement of security forces rushed to the spot and an encounter was going on, the ADG said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured