SI killed, 3 cops injured in Naxal attack
Jamui: A Sub-Inspector was killed and three other police personnel were injured after they were fired upon by Maoists near Sidheshwar temple in Bihar`s Jamui district on Wednesday, a police official said.
The Maoists, hiding within the jungle, fired at random at four policemen who were travelling in a jeep on way to Gadhi to investigate a crime case, Additional Director General of Police (ADG), Headquarters, Ravindra Kumar said.
While SI J K Singh was killed on the spot, three other policemen, one of them identified as SI Kamlesh Singh and two SAP jawans, suffered injuries, he said.
The injured were admitted to hospital, Kumar said.
Additional reinforcement of security forces rushed to the spot and an encounter was going on, the ADG said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra