Siddique flays financial `mismanagement` in Bihar
Patna: Leader of Opposition in Bihar
assembly Abdul Bari Siddique on Tuesday said rampant corruption was
prevailing during the NDA rule as has been highlighted by the
CAG in its audit report for the fiscal 2010-11.
The CAG report highlighted 1034 cases of
misappropriation, defalcation, theft and loss of public money
amounting to Rs. 409.15 crore, he said adding the financial
management has totally collapsed in Bihar.
Stating that the state government has failed to
account for Rs 25,331 crore drawn under the AC bills by
submitted DC bills for only Rs 2755 crore, he reiterated his
demand for a CBI probe into the huge amount under AC bills.
There has been loot of public money in the Indira Avas
Yojana (IAY), besides the state government has failed to
utilize Rs 53.34 crore granted by the Centre for acquisition
of land for allotment to BPL families, Siddique alleged.
The senior RJD leader also claimed that the road
construction department awarded tender for projects to
unqualified contractors who misappropriated funds by laying
low quality roads while Rs 7.46 crore was embezzled in road
widening project on Ekona-Ara road.
The CAG has highlighted misappropriation of funds in
other departments like health, animal husbandry and fisheries,
PHED and agriculture, he said and demanded a CBI probe in
misappropriation of public money by the NDA government on the
basis of the CAG report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM