Siddique flays financial `mismanagement` in Bihar
Patna: Leader of Opposition in Bihar
assembly Abdul Bari Siddique on Tuesday said rampant corruption was
prevailing during the NDA rule as has been highlighted by the
CAG in its audit report for the fiscal 2010-11.
The CAG report highlighted 1034 cases of
misappropriation, defalcation, theft and loss of public money
amounting to Rs. 409.15 crore, he said adding the financial
management has totally collapsed in Bihar.
Stating that the state government has failed to
account for Rs 25,331 crore drawn under the AC bills by
submitted DC bills for only Rs 2755 crore, he reiterated his
demand for a CBI probe into the huge amount under AC bills.
There has been loot of public money in the Indira Avas
Yojana (IAY), besides the state government has failed to
utilize Rs 53.34 crore granted by the Centre for acquisition
of land for allotment to BPL families, Siddique alleged.
The senior RJD leader also claimed that the road
construction department awarded tender for projects to
unqualified contractors who misappropriated funds by laying
low quality roads while Rs 7.46 crore was embezzled in road
widening project on Ekona-Ara road.
The CAG has highlighted misappropriation of funds in
other departments like health, animal husbandry and fisheries,
PHED and agriculture, he said and demanded a CBI probe in
misappropriation of public money by the NDA government on the
basis of the CAG report.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!