Simian terror rocks Bihar Assembly
Patna: The Bihar Assembly was today rocked over issue of monkeys terrorising humans and destroying agriculture following which the government mooted setting up an all party committee to hammer a solution to the problem.
Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi, who is also Forest minister, said the committee will be set up soon and his department will gather information from other states as to how they were tackling monkey terror.
The matter was raised by Arun Shankar Prasad of BJP during question hour in the Assembly while other members joined him and narrated woes triggered by monkeys to human and agriculture in their areas.
Binod Singh (BJP) said that simians were so courageous that they manhandled the wife of a mukhiya (village chief) and Raghvendra Pratap Singh (RJD) complained that Nepal was releasing monkeys in bordering areas of Bihar and urged the Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to take the matter with that country.
Bhagirathi Devi (BJP) complained that simians were particularly targeting women in her area.
The members highlighted damage to crops by simians and demanded compensation to farmers due to loss.
On this Modi said there was provision for payment of compensation to farmers on this count and the government would provide this facility to agriculturists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?