Simian terror rocks Bihar Assembly
Patna: The Bihar Assembly was today rocked over issue of monkeys terrorising humans and destroying agriculture following which the government mooted setting up an all party committee to hammer a solution to the problem.
Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi, who is also Forest minister, said the committee will be set up soon and his department will gather information from other states as to how they were tackling monkey terror.
The matter was raised by Arun Shankar Prasad of BJP during question hour in the Assembly while other members joined him and narrated woes triggered by monkeys to human and agriculture in their areas.
Binod Singh (BJP) said that simians were so courageous that they manhandled the wife of a mukhiya (village chief) and Raghvendra Pratap Singh (RJD) complained that Nepal was releasing monkeys in bordering areas of Bihar and urged the Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to take the matter with that country.
Bhagirathi Devi (BJP) complained that simians were particularly targeting women in her area.
The members highlighted damage to crops by simians and demanded compensation to farmers due to loss.
On this Modi said there was provision for payment of compensation to farmers on this count and the government would provide this facility to agriculturists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says