Simian terror rocks Bihar Assembly
Patna: The Bihar Assembly was today rocked over issue of monkeys terrorising humans and destroying agriculture following which the government mooted setting up an all party committee to hammer a solution to the problem.
Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi, who is also Forest minister, said the committee will be set up soon and his department will gather information from other states as to how they were tackling monkey terror.
The matter was raised by Arun Shankar Prasad of BJP during question hour in the Assembly while other members joined him and narrated woes triggered by monkeys to human and agriculture in their areas.
Binod Singh (BJP) said that simians were so courageous that they manhandled the wife of a mukhiya (village chief) and Raghvendra Pratap Singh (RJD) complained that Nepal was releasing monkeys in bordering areas of Bihar and urged the Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to take the matter with that country.
Bhagirathi Devi (BJP) complained that simians were particularly targeting women in her area.
The members highlighted damage to crops by simians and demanded compensation to farmers due to loss.
On this Modi said there was provision for payment of compensation to farmers on this count and the government would provide this facility to agriculturists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened
- PM Narendra Modi's gift on Maha Shivaratari: A 112-foot face of Lord Shiva - Read details