Sincerity to serve people draws voters` support: Shatrughan Sinha
Patna: Only glamour does not work in the field of politics but sincerity to serve people draws voters, veteran actor-turned-politician Shatrughan Sinha today said.
Sinha, who is seeking re-election from the Patna Sahib Lok Sabha seat, referring to actor Shekhar Suman losing the 2009 elections to him by a huge margin, said while some people fight to win elections, some do it to gain political experience.
"Merely glamour does not work but sincerity to serve people draws voters` support," the BJP leader said. Incidentally, this time too Bhojpuri actor Kunal Singh is challenging him from Patna Sahib on a Congress ticket.
"I consider Kunal and others standing against me as political opponents and not my enemy... I wish him good luck in the elections," the former Bollywood star said to drive home the point that he was not bothered about his opponents who were all first-time contestants.
Kunal Singh, who has been fielded in place of youth Congress leader Raj Kumar Rajan, reportedly on insistence of partner Lalu Prasad, is former state minister Budhadeb Singh`s son.
Besides, Kunal, former Bihar minister and Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) nominee Parveen Amanullah and noted physician Gopal Prasad Sinha of JD(U) are Sinha`s competitors in Patna Sahib seat which will go to voting on April 17.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister