SIT points to `doubtful` role of RJD in attack on Nitish Kumar
Patna: The Special Investigation Team (SIT) probing the violent protests during Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s `Adhikar yatra` at Khagaria in September has found the role of RJD leaders Ramkripal Yadav (MP) and Pappu Yadav in the incident as `doubtful`.
The final report was submitted to the court of Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM), Khagaria, Trilokinath Tripathi by SIT today, police said.
SIT has chargsheeted 37 persons, majority of them local leaders and workers of RJD, LJP, NCP and CPI-ML and over a dozen contractual teachers in the incident, the police said.
The report, drawn up on the basis of findings during probe, highlights the `doubtful` role of RJD Rajya Sabha member Ramkripal Yadav and controversial leader Rajesh Ranjan alias Pappu Yadav, they said.
Violent protests had been staged in Khagaria on September 27 last year when Kumar was on his way to address a `Adhikar Yatra` to drum up support for special category status for Bihar.
Protestors had shown slippers at the CM during the meeting, burnt documents in the district magistrate`s office and damaged several vehicles. Later, Ranbir Yadav, husband of Khagaria JD (U) MLA Poonam Yadav had snatched a stengun from a policeman and had escorted the CM to the stage for the meeting.
FIRs were later lodged against 75 persons in coonection with the incident.
The SIT report came at a time when the state is in the grip of massive protest by contractual teachers for pay parity with regular teacher and regularisation of job.
Police lathicharge on agitating teachers on Tuesday disrupted the proceedings of Bihar assembly both yesterday and today, while the teachers are observing a state-wide bandh today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'