Sitting MLA dropped in new BJP list for Bihar
New Delhi: In its list of five candidates announced on Saturday for the Bihar polls, BJP dropped sitting MLA from Narpatganju constituency and has fielded a woman from there.
Damayanthi Yadav will be the BJP candidate from the constituency. Janardhan Yadav was the BJP MLA from this seat but has been denied a ticket as the party survey
conducted to check his ability to win did not approve his candidature.
Sweety Singh (Kishanganj), Sashi Bhushan Hazari (Kusheshwar Asthan-SC), Sachendra Singh (Kesaria), Suresh Sharma (Muzaffarpur) are the others in the list declared on Saturday.
These names were finalised based on the outcome of a party survey. Kusheshwar Asthan is a new constituency formed after delimitation. BJP has so far declared 87 candidates. It has not yet declared candidates for the remaining 15 seats as there are several contenders and lack of unanimity among the senior leaders on candidates for some of these seats.
The right-wing party had dropped four sitting MLAs, including Minister of Environment and Forest Ramji Das Rishidev, in the first list. 46 sitting MLAs have been given
tickets till now.
Most of the candidates chosen so far belong to the camp of Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Modi, party sources said. The party top brass faces a tough task in the remaining seats as most of three of these are held by sitting MLAs while the rest have strong contenders.
Even the decision to by the internal survey while distributing tickets has been challenged by some senior leaders for certain constituencies forcing the top brass to cross check before taking a final call, sources said.
- President's Rule to continue in Uttarakhand, next hearing in SC on May 3
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part II
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part III
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part IV
- Pakistan jumps into Kohinoor controversy, says diamond was gifted to England
- Despite complete ban, four die after consuming spurious liquor in Bihar
- JNU teachers claim 'sex racket, use of drugs, alcohol rampant inside campus'
- These 5 apps are quietly eating up your data plan! Know which ones
- Bipasha Basu - Karan Singh Grover wedding: Check out interesting details about mehendi ceremony