Siwan Civil Surgeon held on graft charge
Patna: The Civil Surgeon of Siwan district was arrested by the Vigilance department on Thursday for allegedly accepting bribe, a top Vigilance officer said.
Acting on a complaint, a vigilance team headed by the Superintendent of Police (SP) Upendra Prasad Singh laid a trap and caught Siwan`s Civil Surgeon Dr Chandrashekhar Prasad "red-handed" as he took Rs 50,000 bribe at his official residence from a Primary Health Centre (PHC) Assistant, Director General of Police (Vigilance) P.K. Thakur said.
Kumar had demanded Rs 50,000 bribe from Lakri Naviganj PHC assistant Ramjatan Prasad for revoking his suspension order after he was acquitted of various charges by the Health department, Thakur said.
Prasad will be taken to Muzaffarpur for interrogation for his production before a vigilance court for judicial remand, the DG(Vigilance) said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 2016 Rio Olympics: Russia bids to avoid ban as IOC reports new test failures
- What did she do that people tied her with rope and handed over to police? - Must read
- Assam flood situation grim, close to 3 lakh remain affected
- Sam Allardyce gets England job at second time of asking
- Multiple deaths reported in Munich shopping centre shooting, police operation underway