Siwan Civil Surgeon held on graft charge
Patna: The Civil Surgeon of Siwan district was arrested by the Vigilance department on Thursday for allegedly accepting bribe, a top Vigilance officer said.
Acting on a complaint, a vigilance team headed by the Superintendent of Police (SP) Upendra Prasad Singh laid a trap and caught Siwan`s Civil Surgeon Dr Chandrashekhar Prasad "red-handed" as he took Rs 50,000 bribe at his official residence from a Primary Health Centre (PHC) Assistant, Director General of Police (Vigilance) P.K. Thakur said.
Kumar had demanded Rs 50,000 bribe from Lakri Naviganj PHC assistant Ramjatan Prasad for revoking his suspension order after he was acquitted of various charges by the Health department, Thakur said.
Prasad will be taken to Muzaffarpur for interrogation for his production before a vigilance court for judicial remand, the DG(Vigilance) said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- Narsingh Yadav would have won the silver, claims WFI official
- PM Modi, Shah to address CMs of BJP-ruled states on Saturday
- AAP removes Punjab chief for alleged corruption
- Clinton says emails, foundation ties not a threat to her White House bid
- From Olympic glory to jail: Oscar Pistorius' bid to challenge six-year jail term fails