Siwan Civil Surgeon held on graft charge
Patna: The Civil Surgeon of Siwan district was arrested by the Vigilance department on Thursday for allegedly accepting bribe, a top Vigilance officer said.
Acting on a complaint, a vigilance team headed by the Superintendent of Police (SP) Upendra Prasad Singh laid a trap and caught Siwan`s Civil Surgeon Dr Chandrashekhar Prasad "red-handed" as he took Rs 50,000 bribe at his official residence from a Primary Health Centre (PHC) Assistant, Director General of Police (Vigilance) P.K. Thakur said.
Kumar had demanded Rs 50,000 bribe from Lakri Naviganj PHC assistant Ramjatan Prasad for revoking his suspension order after he was acquitted of various charges by the Health department, Thakur said.
Prasad will be taken to Muzaffarpur for interrogation for his production before a vigilance court for judicial remand, the DG(Vigilance) said.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan