Six children die of electrocution in Jamui
Jamui: Six children died of electrocution Thursday when a high tension wire snapped and fell on them at a village in Charka Patthar police station area of Bihar`s Jamui district, a police officer said.
The incident took place in Chandra village as the high tension 11,000 volt wire snapped suddenly and fell on the six children, aged between seven to nine years, when they were playing in a field, Charka Patthar police station officer-in-charge Vijay Kumar Yadvindu said.
The victims were identified as Md Aslad, Md Aslam, Md Motiya, Rukhsana, Shabina and Tarannum, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users