Six children die of electrocution in Jamui
Jamui: Six children died of electrocution Thursday when a high tension wire snapped and fell on them at a village in Charka Patthar police station area of Bihar`s Jamui district, a police officer said.
The incident took place in Chandra village as the high tension 11,000 volt wire snapped suddenly and fell on the six children, aged between seven to nine years, when they were playing in a field, Charka Patthar police station officer-in-charge Vijay Kumar Yadvindu said.
The victims were identified as Md Aslad, Md Aslam, Md Motiya, Rukhsana, Shabina and Tarannum, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Why are Antarctica ice-levels increasing? NASA has the answer!
- Buyout group to back rival's bid for Tata's UK steel assets - Sources
- French Open 2016: Angry Nick Kyrgios, Petra Kvitova pass chilly Roland Garros tests
- Working towards a technology which enables consumer to control electrical appliances at home sitting in office: TPDDL CEO Praveer Sinha
- Modi in Iran: PM promises big celebration of Guru Gobind Singh's birth anniversary