Six cops among injured in Motihari brickbatting
Motihari: Over a dozen persons, including
six cops, were injured when applicants for a Teachers
Eligibility Test (TET) in East Champaran district on Thursday
resorted to brickbatting alleging mismanagement in
distribution of the admit cards, official sources said.
The protesters also overturned and set on fire a
vehicle of a Block Development Officer (BDO) and damaged
several other vehicles parked outside the Zila School
premise, the sources said.
Standing in long queues since morning to collect
admit cards, the applicants lost their cool over mismanagement
in the distribution process at the school and stormed into the
rooms and tore papers, including bunch of admit cards, lying
there, the sources said.
The applicants then clashed with the policemen and
indulged in heavy brickbatting in and outside the school
premise injuring over a dozen people, including six cops
comprising a woman constable Savitri Kumari, the sources said.
The angry candidates later marched upto a manned
railway crossing at Balua and bolted the main gate and took
with them the keys before smashing the window panes of a goods
train to bring railway traffic to a grinding halt, the sources
As the law and order situation appeared to get out of
control, the police lathicharged the protesting TET
applicants to disperse them, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra