Six cops among injured in Motihari brickbatting
Motihari: Over a dozen persons, including
six cops, were injured when applicants for a Teachers
Eligibility Test (TET) in East Champaran district on Thursday
resorted to brickbatting alleging mismanagement in
distribution of the admit cards, official sources said.
The protesters also overturned and set on fire a
vehicle of a Block Development Officer (BDO) and damaged
several other vehicles parked outside the Zila School
premise, the sources said.
Standing in long queues since morning to collect
admit cards, the applicants lost their cool over mismanagement
in the distribution process at the school and stormed into the
rooms and tore papers, including bunch of admit cards, lying
there, the sources said.
The applicants then clashed with the policemen and
indulged in heavy brickbatting in and outside the school
premise injuring over a dozen people, including six cops
comprising a woman constable Savitri Kumari, the sources said.
The angry candidates later marched upto a manned
railway crossing at Balua and bolted the main gate and took
with them the keys before smashing the window panes of a goods
train to bring railway traffic to a grinding halt, the sources
As the law and order situation appeared to get out of
control, the police lathicharged the protesting TET
applicants to disperse them, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video