Six cops, villager killed in Bihar landmine blast
Patna: Seven people, including six police officials, were killed on Friday when Maoist guerrillas triggered a landmine blast in Bihar`s Gaya district, police said.
The incident took place around noon in Gaya district`s Uchla village near Sherghati, about 100 km from here, when Maoists blew up a patrolling vehicle of the Roshanganj police station.
Six police personnel and a villager were killed, Deputy Inspector General (DIG), Magadh range, NH Khan, told reporters. He added that a combing operation had been launched.
The guerrillas also looted weapons of the policemen killed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra