Six cops, villager killed in Bihar landmine blast
Patna: Seven people, including six police officials, were killed on Friday when Maoist guerrillas triggered a landmine blast in Bihar`s Gaya district, police said.
The incident took place around noon in Gaya district`s Uchla village near Sherghati, about 100 km from here, when Maoists blew up a patrolling vehicle of the Roshanganj police station.
Six police personnel and a villager were killed, Deputy Inspector General (DIG), Magadh range, NH Khan, told reporters. He added that a combing operation had been launched.
The guerrillas also looted weapons of the policemen killed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune