Six cops, villager killed in Bihar landmine blast
Patna: Seven people, including six police officials, were killed on Friday when Maoist guerrillas triggered a landmine blast in Bihar`s Gaya district, police said.
The incident took place around noon in Gaya district`s Uchla village near Sherghati, about 100 km from here, when Maoists blew up a patrolling vehicle of the Roshanganj police station.
Six police personnel and a villager were killed, Deputy Inspector General (DIG), Magadh range, NH Khan, told reporters. He added that a combing operation had been launched.
The guerrillas also looted weapons of the policemen killed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply