Six cops, villager killed in Bihar landmine blast
Patna: Seven people, including six police officials, were killed on Friday when Maoist guerrillas triggered a landmine blast in Bihar`s Gaya district, police said.
The incident took place around noon in Gaya district`s Uchla village near Sherghati, about 100 km from here, when Maoists blew up a patrolling vehicle of the Roshanganj police station.
Six police personnel and a villager were killed, Deputy Inspector General (DIG), Magadh range, NH Khan, told reporters. He added that a combing operation had been launched.
The guerrillas also looted weapons of the policemen killed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed