Six die after drinking illicit liquor
Muzaffarpur: Six persons died and five others were taken ill after drinking illicit liquor at a village in Bihar`s Muzaffarpur district, official sources said monday.
The victims drank the liquor in Neknampur village under Deoria police station area of the district last night, Sub-divisional officer, West, Kundan Kumar said.
Four of those taken ill were admitted to the primary health centre and another to the Srikrishna Medical College and Hospital at Muzaffarpur, he said.
Senior officials were at the spot.
Three persons have been arrested for running illicit liquor manufacturing units in Deoria police station area, Senior Superintendent of Police Rajesh Kumar said.
Raids were being carried out to nab other persons involved in the illicit liquor trade, he said.
Local people blocked roads demanding cancellation of licences of liqour shops in villages and crackdown on illicit liquor manufacturers, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi