Six die after drinking illicit liquor
Muzaffarpur: Six persons died and five others were taken ill after drinking illicit liquor at a village in Bihar`s Muzaffarpur district, official sources said monday.
The victims drank the liquor in Neknampur village under Deoria police station area of the district last night, Sub-divisional officer, West, Kundan Kumar said.
Four of those taken ill were admitted to the primary health centre and another to the Srikrishna Medical College and Hospital at Muzaffarpur, he said.
Senior officials were at the spot.
Three persons have been arrested for running illicit liquor manufacturing units in Deoria police station area, Senior Superintendent of Police Rajesh Kumar said.
Raids were being carried out to nab other persons involved in the illicit liquor trade, he said.
Local people blocked roads demanding cancellation of licences of liqour shops in villages and crackdown on illicit liquor manufacturers, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price