Six die after drinking illicit liquor
Muzaffarpur: Six persons died and five others were taken ill after drinking illicit liquor at a village in Bihar`s Muzaffarpur district, official sources said monday.
The victims drank the liquor in Neknampur village under Deoria police station area of the district last night, Sub-divisional officer, West, Kundan Kumar said.
Four of those taken ill were admitted to the primary health centre and another to the Srikrishna Medical College and Hospital at Muzaffarpur, he said.
Senior officials were at the spot.
Three persons have been arrested for running illicit liquor manufacturing units in Deoria police station area, Senior Superintendent of Police Rajesh Kumar said.
Raids were being carried out to nab other persons involved in the illicit liquor trade, he said.
Local people blocked roads demanding cancellation of licences of liqour shops in villages and crackdown on illicit liquor manufacturers, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant
- When Peter Mukherjea met and fell madly in love with Indrani