Six drown as boats capsize in Bihar
Muzaffarpur/Motihari: Six persons drowned
and two others went missing in two separate incidents of boat
capsizing in Bihar`s Muzaffarpur and East Champaran district,
police said on Wednesday.
A boat, carrying 15 passengers and coming from
Ghanshyampur village of Muzaffarpur district, sank in the
swollen Lakhandei river today, they said adding that while ten
of them swam to safety, three drowned and two went missing.
The bodies were fished out from the river by local
divers, police said.
In another incident in East Champaran district, three
persons drowned when a small boat sank in Machowaman lake last
night, they said.
According to the police, six villagers were sailing on
the boat to their native Belpurva village from a fair at
Manapur hamlet, when it turned turtle.
While three persons swam to safety, as many drowned in
the lake, they said adding that all the bodies have been
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred