Six drown as boats capsize in Bihar
Muzaffarpur/Motihari: Six persons drowned
and two others went missing in two separate incidents of boat
capsizing in Bihar`s Muzaffarpur and East Champaran district,
police said on Wednesday.
A boat, carrying 15 passengers and coming from
Ghanshyampur village of Muzaffarpur district, sank in the
swollen Lakhandei river today, they said adding that while ten
of them swam to safety, three drowned and two went missing.
The bodies were fished out from the river by local
divers, police said.
In another incident in East Champaran district, three
persons drowned when a small boat sank in Machowaman lake last
night, they said.
According to the police, six villagers were sailing on
the boat to their native Belpurva village from a fair at
Manapur hamlet, when it turned turtle.
While three persons swam to safety, as many drowned in
the lake, they said adding that all the bodies have been
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days