Six landmines found in Bihar ahead of LS polls
Patna: Six landmines planted by Maoists in Gaya Lok Sabha constituency in Bihar were found Tuesday, a day after three troopers were killed while trying to defuse an explosive device, police said.
Three CRPF troopers were killed in Aurangabad district Monday when an improvised explosive device blew up while they were defusing it.
On Tuesday, a team of CRPF detected six landmines planted near Tandwa in Gaya.
"Four landmines were defused and CRPF officials are trying to defuse the remaining two," a police official said.
Meanwhile, a report spoke about a shootout between police and Maoists in Jamui parliamentary constituency Tuesday morning, but no casualty has been reported so far.
Police Monday also recovered two cane bombs weighing 20 kg each in Gaya during a search operation.
Bihar will see six-phase polling, beginning April 10. Gaya along with five Maoist-affected constituencies - Aurangabad, Sasaram, Jamui, Nawada and Karakat - will vote that day.
Police said Maoists have called for a boycott of the Lok Sabha election and had placed the landmines to create panic.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp