Six Maoists held in Bihar
Sasaram: Six Maoists have been arrested from Nauhatta-Yadunathpur Road in Rohtas district of Bihar, police said on Saturday.
Acting on a tip-off, police raided the area and nabbed the ultras last night, Superintendent of Police, Vikas Baibhav said. Some landmine-making equipment, two pistols and as many motorcycles were seized from them, he said.
The Maoists have given a call for boycott of elections in Bihar, where the sixth and final phase of polling was being held today. The 26 constituencies going to polls are spread over Rohtas, Aurangabad, Buxar, Kaimur and Gaya districts of which 18 have been declared as Maoist-hit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra