Six Maoists held in Bihar
Sasaram: Six Maoists have been arrested from Nauhatta-Yadunathpur Road in Rohtas district of Bihar, police said on Saturday.
Acting on a tip-off, police raided the area and nabbed the ultras last night, Superintendent of Police, Vikas Baibhav said. Some landmine-making equipment, two pistols and as many motorcycles were seized from them, he said.
The Maoists have given a call for boycott of elections in Bihar, where the sixth and final phase of polling was being held today. The 26 constituencies going to polls are spread over Rohtas, Aurangabad, Buxar, Kaimur and Gaya districts of which 18 have been declared as Maoist-hit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- 'Dishoom' promotions: Jacqueline Fernandez impersonating Lisa Haydon will make you ROFL-- Watch
- Cold war between Bollywood buddies Salman Khan and Sanjay Dutt - All you need to know
- German Bakery blast: Maharashtra govt challenges verdict commuting death penalty of Himayat Baig
- UP: 7-year-old girl raped, later killed; police refuse to handover body, beat up family members
- World number two Jordan Spieth still uncertain if he will play in Rio Olympics