Six Maoists held in Bihar
Sasaram: Six Maoists have been arrested from Nauhatta-Yadunathpur Road in Rohtas district of Bihar, police said on Saturday.
Acting on a tip-off, police raided the area and nabbed the ultras last night, Superintendent of Police, Vikas Baibhav said. Some landmine-making equipment, two pistols and as many motorcycles were seized from them, he said.
The Maoists have given a call for boycott of elections in Bihar, where the sixth and final phase of polling was being held today. The 26 constituencies going to polls are spread over Rohtas, Aurangabad, Buxar, Kaimur and Gaya districts of which 18 have been declared as Maoist-hit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi