Six Maoists held, two grenades recovered from Bihar
Aurangabad: Six Maoists were on Saturday arrested in Bihar`s Aurangabad district in connection with an alleged attack here by ultras earlier this month in which five persons were killed, officials said.
Acting on a tip-off, police raided various hideouts and nabbed the six, identified as Arvind Paswan and Amrit Paswan from Jharkhand and Sridhar Pathak, Sanjay Yadav, Suresh Yadav and Chhotu Bhuian, all hailing from Bihar.
Sharing the news, DSP Md Anwar Javed told reporters that the six accused are wanted in a number of attacks in the district and adjoining areas, including one on July 17 at a construction company camp office in the Goh police station area in which five persons, including two policemen, were killed.
Two hand grenades and naxal literature was seized from the possession of one of the arrested Maoists, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi