Six Maoists held, two grenades recovered from Bihar
Aurangabad: Six Maoists were on Saturday arrested in Bihar`s Aurangabad district in connection with an alleged attack here by ultras earlier this month in which five persons were killed, officials said.
Acting on a tip-off, police raided various hideouts and nabbed the six, identified as Arvind Paswan and Amrit Paswan from Jharkhand and Sridhar Pathak, Sanjay Yadav, Suresh Yadav and Chhotu Bhuian, all hailing from Bihar.
Sharing the news, DSP Md Anwar Javed told reporters that the six accused are wanted in a number of attacks in the district and adjoining areas, including one on July 17 at a construction company camp office in the Goh police station area in which five persons, including two policemen, were killed.
Two hand grenades and naxal literature was seized from the possession of one of the arrested Maoists, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?