Six naxalites killed in encounter in Bihar
Banka: Six Naxalites were on Saturday gunned
down by security forces during a five-hour encounter in
Majhidih village in Bihar`s Banka district, police said.
About twelve heavily-armed Naxalites, who were holed
up in a house, opened fire on CRPF and SAP jawans after being
asked to surrender, the Acting Superintendent of Police (SP)
B K Das said.
The security forces retaliated killing six Naxalites
and also destroyed the house where the ultras were hiding, he
The encounter lasted for about five hours, Das said.
A Naxalite, identified as Devan Tuddu -- a native of
Kaithavaran village, has been arrested, while about ten others
escaped, he said, adding one SLR was recovered from the site
of the encounter.
There was no casualty among the security personnel, he
The security forces have launched a combing operation
in the nearby forces where some of the Naxalites might have
escaped, Das said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends