Six Naxals shot dead, arms, ammunitions seized
Motihari: Six Naxalites were killed and eight others were arrested after an encounter with security forces in Darmaha village in Bihar`s east Champaran
district in the wee hours on Monday.
The over 12-hour-long encounter ended at 4 am today, Director General of Police (DGP) Neelmani said.
The bodies of all the six Naxalites have been recovered and eight ultras, including three women, have been arrested.
Security forces have also recovered 14 weapons comprising five SLRs, eight police rifles and one .315 rifle, besides explosives and ammunition from the spot, the DGP said.
A search operation was going on at the encounter site, Neelmani said.
The security forces were led by the Inspector General of Police (IG), Operations, CRPF Assistant Commandant, two STF DSPs and other police officials in the operation against the Naxalites.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Being overweight linked to eight more kinds of cancer
- Pentagon probes possible civilian casualties in Syria strike: official
- Actress Leslie Jones' website hacked, nude photos posted
- Afghan forces hunt gunmen after American University attack
- Islamic State attacks Western-backed camp on Jordan-Syria border