Six Naxals shot dead, arms, ammunitions seized
Motihari: Six Naxalites were killed and eight others were arrested after an encounter with security forces in Darmaha village in Bihar`s east Champaran
district in the wee hours on Monday.
The over 12-hour-long encounter ended at 4 am today, Director General of Police (DGP) Neelmani said.
The bodies of all the six Naxalites have been recovered and eight ultras, including three women, have been arrested.
Security forces have also recovered 14 weapons comprising five SLRs, eight police rifles and one .315 rifle, besides explosives and ammunition from the spot, the DGP said.
A search operation was going on at the encounter site, Neelmani said.
The security forces were led by the Inspector General of Police (IG), Operations, CRPF Assistant Commandant, two STF DSPs and other police officials in the operation against the Naxalites.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured