Six Naxals shot dead, arms, ammunitions seized
Motihari: Six Naxalites were killed and eight others were arrested after an encounter with security forces in Darmaha village in Bihar`s east Champaran
district in the wee hours on Monday.
The over 12-hour-long encounter ended at 4 am today, Director General of Police (DGP) Neelmani said.
The bodies of all the six Naxalites have been recovered and eight ultras, including three women, have been arrested.
Security forces have also recovered 14 weapons comprising five SLRs, eight police rifles and one .315 rifle, besides explosives and ammunition from the spot, the DGP said.
A search operation was going on at the encounter site, Neelmani said.
The security forces were led by the Inspector General of Police (IG), Operations, CRPF Assistant Commandant, two STF DSPs and other police officials in the operation against the Naxalites.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Security at Olympics "robust", says IOC chief
- Amaal Mallik excited about his 'Baar Baar Dekho' track
- Gael Monfils to face Ivo Karlovic in Washington Open final
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS