Six Naxals shot dead, arms, ammunitions seized
Motihari: Six Naxalites were killed and eight others were arrested after an encounter with security forces in Darmaha village in Bihar`s east Champaran
district in the wee hours on Monday.
The over 12-hour-long encounter ended at 4 am today, Director General of Police (DGP) Neelmani said.
The bodies of all the six Naxalites have been recovered and eight ultras, including three women, have been arrested.
Security forces have also recovered 14 weapons comprising five SLRs, eight police rifles and one .315 rifle, besides explosives and ammunition from the spot, the DGP said.
A search operation was going on at the encounter site, Neelmani said.
The security forces were led by the Inspector General of Police (IG), Operations, CRPF Assistant Commandant, two STF DSPs and other police officials in the operation against the Naxalites.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city