Six passengers injured in Bihar train robbery
Patna: Robbers injured six people and looted cash and valuables at gun point from passengers aboard a train in Bihar`s Jamui district, police said Friday.
The incident took place late Thursday when robbers attacked passengers of Gorakhpur bound Purvanchal Express with knives when they tried to resist the robbery between Jasidih and Jhajha railway stations, police official Umashankar Prasad Singh said.
"Some passengers told us that the robbers also misbehaved with women and looted their jewellery," said Railway Police official BN Jha.
Passengers said there was no police team on the train at the time of the incident. They later staged a protest and shouted slogans against inadequate security provided in trains.
The robbers escaped from the train after pulling alarm chain, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram