Six persons killed as train hits jeep in Madhubani
Madhubani: Six persons were killed and as
many injured when the Nizamuddin-Jainagar Garib Rath Express
rammed into a jeep at an unmanned railway crossing near
Bharia-Bishanpur village in Bihar`s Madhubani district, a
police official said.
The mishap took place when the jeep carrying about 15
supporters of Veena Devi, a candidate for the mukhiya`s post,
tried to cross over to the other side of the railway line when
the speeding train hit the four-wheeler, Deputy Superintendent
of Police (DSP) Karmlal said.
While six persons were killed on the spot, as many
others sustained severe injuries, he said.
The injured were taken to a nearby hospital for
treatment where their condition was stated to be critical,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal