Six persons killed as train hits jeep in Madhubani
Madhubani: Six persons were killed and as
many injured when the Nizamuddin-Jainagar Garib Rath Express
rammed into a jeep at an unmanned railway crossing near
Bharia-Bishanpur village in Bihar`s Madhubani district, a
police official said.
The mishap took place when the jeep carrying about 15
supporters of Veena Devi, a candidate for the mukhiya`s post,
tried to cross over to the other side of the railway line when
the speeding train hit the four-wheeler, Deputy Superintendent
of Police (DSP) Karmlal said.
While six persons were killed on the spot, as many
others sustained severe injuries, he said.
The injured were taken to a nearby hospital for
treatment where their condition was stated to be critical,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head