Six persons killed as train hits jeep in Madhubani
Madhubani: Six persons were killed and as
many injured when the Nizamuddin-Jainagar Garib Rath Express
rammed into a jeep at an unmanned railway crossing near
Bharia-Bishanpur village in Bihar`s Madhubani district, a
police official said.
The mishap took place when the jeep carrying about 15
supporters of Veena Devi, a candidate for the mukhiya`s post,
tried to cross over to the other side of the railway line when
the speeding train hit the four-wheeler, Deputy Superintendent
of Police (DSP) Karmlal said.
While six persons were killed on the spot, as many
others sustained severe injuries, he said.
The injured were taken to a nearby hospital for
treatment where their condition was stated to be critical,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack