Six persons killed as train hits jeep in Madhubani
Madhubani: Six persons were killed and as
many injured when the Nizamuddin-Jainagar Garib Rath Express
rammed into a jeep at an unmanned railway crossing near
Bharia-Bishanpur village in Bihar`s Madhubani district, a
police official said.
The mishap took place when the jeep carrying about 15
supporters of Veena Devi, a candidate for the mukhiya`s post,
tried to cross over to the other side of the railway line when
the speeding train hit the four-wheeler, Deputy Superintendent
of Police (DSP) Karmlal said.
While six persons were killed on the spot, as many
others sustained severe injuries, he said.
The injured were taken to a nearby hospital for
treatment where their condition was stated to be critical,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG