Slain BJP MLA cremated with state honours
Purnia: The mortal remains of ruling BJP MLA
Raj Kishore Keshari, who was stabbed to death by a woman at
his residence here, were on Wednesday consigned to flames with state
Amid poignant scenes, his youngest son Rahul lit the pyre
in the presence of a large number of people, including several
Prominent among those present were Deputy Chief Minister,
Sushil Kumar Modi, minister Giriraj Singh, Purnia MP Uday
Singh and Katihar MP Nikhil Choudhary.
Earlier, his body was kept at the local BJP office to
enable people pay their last respects to the 51-year-old late
Four-time MLA, Keshari was stabbed to death yesterday by
45-year-old Rupam Pathak who had earlier accused him of sexual
harassment, when he was meeting visitors from his constituency
at his Sipahi Tola residence here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal