Slain BJP MLA cremated with state honours
Purnia: The mortal remains of ruling BJP MLA
Raj Kishore Keshari, who was stabbed to death by a woman at
his residence here, were on Wednesday consigned to flames with state
Amid poignant scenes, his youngest son Rahul lit the pyre
in the presence of a large number of people, including several
Prominent among those present were Deputy Chief Minister,
Sushil Kumar Modi, minister Giriraj Singh, Purnia MP Uday
Singh and Katihar MP Nikhil Choudhary.
Earlier, his body was kept at the local BJP office to
enable people pay their last respects to the 51-year-old late
Four-time MLA, Keshari was stabbed to death yesterday by
45-year-old Rupam Pathak who had earlier accused him of sexual
harassment, when he was meeting visitors from his constituency
at his Sipahi Tola residence here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!