Slain BJP MLA cremated with state honours
Purnia: The mortal remains of ruling BJP MLA
Raj Kishore Keshari, who was stabbed to death by a woman at
his residence here, were on Wednesday consigned to flames with state
Amid poignant scenes, his youngest son Rahul lit the pyre
in the presence of a large number of people, including several
Prominent among those present were Deputy Chief Minister,
Sushil Kumar Modi, minister Giriraj Singh, Purnia MP Uday
Singh and Katihar MP Nikhil Choudhary.
Earlier, his body was kept at the local BJP office to
enable people pay their last respects to the 51-year-old late
Four-time MLA, Keshari was stabbed to death yesterday by
45-year-old Rupam Pathak who had earlier accused him of sexual
harassment, when he was meeting visitors from his constituency
at his Sipahi Tola residence here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley