Slogans against Nitish Kumar over IAY irregularity
Muzaffarpur: Expressing displeasure
over irregularities in sanction of houses under Indira Awas
Yojana (IAY) and other welfare schemes, a group of people
today raised slogans against Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and
the local administration in Muzaffarpur district.
As soon as Kumar arrived at Katra block office during
the second phase of his `Seva yatra`, the angry local people
demonstrated in front of him and raised slogans against the
local administration alleging large scale irregularities in
sanction of houses to the poor people under the IAY and
implementation of other welfare schemes.
Taking note of the public anger, the chief minister
suspended the Circle Officer Sudhir Ranjan Sharma and transfer
of the Block Development Officer (BDO) Tilakdhari Chaudhary.
Kumar later visited Muraul block and inspected a cask
bridge from where he left for Maoist-affected Gaighat block
The chief minister will spend four days from
November 16-19 during the second phase of seva yatra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion