Slogans against Nitish Kumar over IAY irregularity
Muzaffarpur: Expressing displeasure
over irregularities in sanction of houses under Indira Awas
Yojana (IAY) and other welfare schemes, a group of people
today raised slogans against Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and
the local administration in Muzaffarpur district.
As soon as Kumar arrived at Katra block office during
the second phase of his `Seva yatra`, the angry local people
demonstrated in front of him and raised slogans against the
local administration alleging large scale irregularities in
sanction of houses to the poor people under the IAY and
implementation of other welfare schemes.
Taking note of the public anger, the chief minister
suspended the Circle Officer Sudhir Ranjan Sharma and transfer
of the Block Development Officer (BDO) Tilakdhari Chaudhary.
Kumar later visited Muraul block and inspected a cask
bridge from where he left for Maoist-affected Gaighat block
The chief minister will spend four days from
November 16-19 during the second phase of seva yatra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon