Slogans raised for Narendra Modi at Bihar BJP chief election
Patna: Slogans were chanted in favour of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi by BJP workers at a function held by the party`s state council on Friday to formalise election of Mangal Pandey as its Bihar unit chief.
Former state unit president Tarakant Jha indirectly hinted at Modi being the candidate for prime ministership in the next general elections taking top BJP leaders, including Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi, by surprise.
At this party workers raised slogans like `Modi Zindabad` and Jha said `here is our prime ministerial candidate`.
The outgoing BJP state president CP Thakur too raked up the Modi issue saying he should visit Bihar as his feast was still due referring to the cancellation of a dinner by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for visiting top BJP leaders, including Modi, during the party`s national executive in June 2010 after advertisements had appeared in the local media showing both Kumar and Modi holding each other`s hands.
Deputy Chief Minister Sushil K Modi is said to be maintaining a safe distance from the Gujarat chief minister in the wake of strong dislike by Kumar.
Kumar had time and again sought to oppose Modi`s prime ministerial ambition by asking BJP to project a secular person as its prime ministerial candidate and threatened to severe ties with the party if the Gujarat chief minister was projected as the PM candidate.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram