Slogans raised for Narendra Modi at Bihar BJP chief election
Patna: Slogans were chanted in favour of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi by BJP workers at a function held by the party`s state council on Friday to formalise election of Mangal Pandey as its Bihar unit chief.
Former state unit president Tarakant Jha indirectly hinted at Modi being the candidate for prime ministership in the next general elections taking top BJP leaders, including Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi, by surprise.
At this party workers raised slogans like `Modi Zindabad` and Jha said `here is our prime ministerial candidate`.
The outgoing BJP state president CP Thakur too raked up the Modi issue saying he should visit Bihar as his feast was still due referring to the cancellation of a dinner by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for visiting top BJP leaders, including Modi, during the party`s national executive in June 2010 after advertisements had appeared in the local media showing both Kumar and Modi holding each other`s hands.
Deputy Chief Minister Sushil K Modi is said to be maintaining a safe distance from the Gujarat chief minister in the wake of strong dislike by Kumar.
Kumar had time and again sought to oppose Modi`s prime ministerial ambition by asking BJP to project a secular person as its prime ministerial candidate and threatened to severe ties with the party if the Gujarat chief minister was projected as the PM candidate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered