Smuggler held with arms and ammunition in Bihar
Munger: Police on Sunday arrested an arms smuggler with a haul of arms and ammunition from Barda village in Bihar`s Munger district, police said.
Acting on a tip off, a police team led by the Mufassil police station in-charge Bhai Bharat raided a house in the village and seized 12 automatic pistols, 10 magazines of pistol, 7 magazines of stengun, 20 ammunition of SLR and 12 ammunition of 8mm rifle and arrested the arms smuggler, identified as Md Imtiyaz, in this connection, the Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) Rajiv Mishra said.
The accused has been booked under the Arms Act for illicit possession of arms and ammunition, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP