Social audit of Anganwadi centres in Bihar
Patna: In a significant step, Bihar government has authorized the people to audit and monitor the performance of anganwadi centres in the state, its Social Welfare Minister Parveen Amanullah said Monday.
A government order in this regard had been issued on November 9 making Bihar the first state to adopt social audit of the performance of anganwadi centres, Amanullah told
Under the mechanism, a committee comprising a chairman and four members - all of them parents of the wards enrolled in anganwadi centre for education - will seek details on the
15th day of every month from anganwadi sevikas about expenses incurred on education, nutrition and other facilities for students and audit it, she said.
If the committee was not satisfied with the performance of the anganwadi sevikas it could issue a warning to them before recommending imposition of monetary penalty of mthem to the state government.
The committee can also recommend termination of the service of the errant anganwadi sevikas if it found no improvement in their performance even after imposition of monetary penalty, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon