Social audit of Anganwadi centres in Bihar
Patna: In a significant step, Bihar government has authorized the people to audit and monitor the performance of anganwadi centres in the state, its Social Welfare Minister Parveen Amanullah said Monday.
A government order in this regard had been issued on November 9 making Bihar the first state to adopt social audit of the performance of anganwadi centres, Amanullah told
Under the mechanism, a committee comprising a chairman and four members - all of them parents of the wards enrolled in anganwadi centre for education - will seek details on the
15th day of every month from anganwadi sevikas about expenses incurred on education, nutrition and other facilities for students and audit it, she said.
If the committee was not satisfied with the performance of the anganwadi sevikas it could issue a warning to them before recommending imposition of monetary penalty of mthem to the state government.
The committee can also recommend termination of the service of the errant anganwadi sevikas if it found no improvement in their performance even after imposition of monetary penalty, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday