Soldier shot dead in Bihar
Patna: An Indian Army soldier was shot dead early Thursday by unidentified assailants in Bihar, police said.
Upendra Kumar Pandey, a native of Buxar town who was posted in Rajasthan, was killed near Simri town in Buxar district, about 125 km from here. He was on his way to meet some relatives.
"Pandey died soon after he was shot in the head," Mukesh Kumar, a close relative said.
A district police official said a case has been lodged in this connection and efforts are on to nab the culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore