Soldier shot dead in Bihar
Patna: An Indian Army soldier was shot dead early Thursday by unidentified assailants in Bihar, police said.
Upendra Kumar Pandey, a native of Buxar town who was posted in Rajasthan, was killed near Simri town in Buxar district, about 125 km from here. He was on his way to meet some relatives.
"Pandey died soon after he was shot in the head," Mukesh Kumar, a close relative said.
A district police official said a case has been lodged in this connection and efforts are on to nab the culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'