Soldier shot dead in Bihar
Patna: An Indian Army soldier was shot dead early Thursday by unidentified assailants in Bihar, police said.
Upendra Kumar Pandey, a native of Buxar town who was posted in Rajasthan, was killed near Simri town in Buxar district, about 125 km from here. He was on his way to meet some relatives.
"Pandey died soon after he was shot in the head," Mukesh Kumar, a close relative said.
A district police official said a case has been lodged in this connection and efforts are on to nab the culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- WATCH: Mother mercilessly beats her infant son, tries to strangulate him in Bareilly
- Premier League 2016-17: Gameweek 3 - Preview
- Ready to pay additional Rs 300 crore, Sahara chief Subrata Roy tells SC
- SpaceX Dragon cargo craft departs International Space Station
- Modi-inspired khadi outfits for Goa officials every Friday