Soldier shot dead in Bihar
Patna: An Indian Army soldier was shot dead early Thursday by unidentified assailants in Bihar, police said.
Upendra Kumar Pandey, a native of Buxar town who was posted in Rajasthan, was killed near Simri town in Buxar district, about 125 km from here. He was on his way to meet some relatives.
"Pandey died soon after he was shot in the head," Mukesh Kumar, a close relative said.
A district police official said a case has been lodged in this connection and efforts are on to nab the culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you