Son Tejaswi a year away from eligibility for LS polls: Lalu
Ranchi: Lalu Prasad Yadav, who lost his Saran Lok Sabha seat following his conviction in a fodder scam case, today said the party would decide whom to nominate for the vacant seat.
"Tejaswi is not eligible for 2014 Lok Sabha elections as he will turn 25 in November 25 next year," Lalu said when asked whether his son could be fielded.
"The party will meet and decide on the candidature," added Lalu, who was released on bail yesterday after a special CBI court convicted and sentenced him to five years RI in a fodder scam case on September 30 and October 3, respectively.
Tejaswi was present when Lalu was taking questions from the media this morning at the state guest house here.
On the performance of Hemant Soren-led state government, Prasad said it has done "commendably" in the short time.
The RJD is supporting the JMM-led alliance government that was formed in the state on July 13 this year.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav