Son Tejaswi a year away from eligibility for LS polls: Lalu
Ranchi: Lalu Prasad Yadav, who lost his Saran Lok Sabha seat following his conviction in a fodder scam case, today said the party would decide whom to nominate for the vacant seat.
"Tejaswi is not eligible for 2014 Lok Sabha elections as he will turn 25 in November 25 next year," Lalu said when asked whether his son could be fielded.
"The party will meet and decide on the candidature," added Lalu, who was released on bail yesterday after a special CBI court convicted and sentenced him to five years RI in a fodder scam case on September 30 and October 3, respectively.
Tejaswi was present when Lalu was taking questions from the media this morning at the state guest house here.
On the performance of Hemant Soren-led state government, Prasad said it has done "commendably" in the short time.
The RJD is supporting the JMM-led alliance government that was formed in the state on July 13 this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown