Sonia Gandhi, Nitish Kumar to share stage in Bihar today
Patna: Congress president Sonia Gandhi will on Thursday lay the foundation stone of Aligarh Muslim University`s centre in Bihar`s Kishanganj amidst war of words with the state government.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar will, though, share the stage with Gandhi.
Notably, Kumar was reportedly angry with the Congress for keeping him in dark about the event. The Bihar CM got the invitation just two days ago after he said: "It shows the UPA government`s work culture and nature."
In a letter to Union HRD Minister MM Pallam Raju, Bihar HRD Minister PK Shahi, according to a newspaper, said: “The least that is expected is that for an event like the present one, the central government ought to have taken the state government into confidence and we would have been very happy to make all official arrangements for its success."
Shahi further accused the Centre of breaching the “spirit of federalism” by not extending even this “basic courtesy”.
The Bihar CM had claimed that it was his idea to establish a branch of the Uttar Pradesh-based university in the state. However, the Congress said the AMU centre was Gandhi`s `dream project`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Govt should put evidence before court: Chidambaram on Karti
- SHOCKING: Milan metro suspended ahead of UEFA Champions League final match
- Monaco Grand Prix: Daniel Ricciardo secures maiden pole in Monte Carlo
- He has to forgive me someday: Arijit Singh on row with Salman Khan
- IPL 9 Video: This is how Kolkata Knight Riders thank supportive fans!