Sonia Gandhi to visit Kishanganj on Jan 30
Patna: UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi will be coming to Kishanganj on January 30 to lay the foundation stone of a centre of Aligarh Muslim University there, the Congress MP from Kishanganj said on Thursday.
Congress MP Asrarul Haque told a news agency about Gandhi`s visit on January 30.
The UPA government has announced opening a centre of AMU at Kishanganj, dominated by the minority Muslim population.
The Congress president was earlier scheduled to come for the function in December but could not make it due to various engagements.
Haque said she would also address a public meeting in Kishanganj on the same day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- Watch: How a bionic suit helped a paralyzed father make his daughter's wedding day memorable!
- Maoists kill LJP leader, brother in Bihar
- French Open 2016, Day 4: Sania Mirza, Leander Paes, Rohan Bopanna enter French Open second round
- Panama probe independent of Bachchan's presence at Modi bash: Union Law Minister
- PM Modi congratulates new Kerala CM