Sonia, Rahul to hold separate rallies in Bihar
Patna: The Congress is preparing for the proposed visit by party chief Sonia Gandhi around December 15 and Rahul Gandhi in the last week of January to galvanise party workers in Bihar.
"Final touches have been given to the proposed visit of Sonia Gandhi to Kisanganj around December 15 and that of party Vice-President Rahul Gandhi in the last week of January next year in Patna," Congress Bihar unit media in-charge Prem Chand Mishra said in a release here on Saturday.
He said the UPA Chairperson would address a public meeting at Kisanganj after laying the foundation stone of a branch of the Aligarh Muslim University there.
Rahul Gandhi would address a rally at the Gandhi Maidan here around January 30. State party President Ashok Chaudhary and Congress Legislature party leader Sadanand Singh after a discussion with in-charge of the state C P Joshi had proposed at a meeting in Delhi yesterday for the meetings of Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi which were approved, Mishra said.
The Congress which fought the the last general elections alone in the state and performed poorly is reported to be weighing the option whether to forge tie up with trusted friends, RJD and LJP or to go with JD(U) of Nitish Kumar.
Congress sources had said yesterday that there would be some more discussions on the alliance before the party finally decided whether to go it alone or align with any party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state